15 March 2016

hi.

It's me . After a billion years of not , being here . So , I m here to fill in the blanks of what had happened over the past year . Mostly , I think I will fill this space with my travels . 
First off , for this year's goals . To travel to places I have not been before . So one of the places that got ticked off the list this year was Hat Yai , Thailand . 

Before I begin to explode the mini photo series that you might or might not have already seen on the instagram sphere or one or two on Facebook . Why did we even choose to go to Hat Yai was because one day , I happen to attend a Chinese client who I may say , drove to Singapore then made a stop in Malaysia , FROM CHINA . CHINA ! DROVE, FROM CHINA . WHAT INSANITY IS THAT . I LOVE IT . Anyway , shocked and amazed , I asked them how long did it take them to do so , I can't remember which part of China they were from , but it took them 7 days to get down to Singapore . They told me it wasn't hard , you just have to get your car's papers , road insurance and your passport and you are set . So , after they left , I could only go to my craziest colleagues coughKencough , to indulge with me on this road trip to Hat Yai cause I don't think we want to drive to China . Yet . Anyway , later on Joanne joined us and we begin our "When are we driving up to Hat Yai adventure" . We went after everyone whose finished with their Chinese New Year holidays to go on ours . We made a pit stop at Ipoh on our way up , and it took us almost 6 hours to get there , also a lot of sighting of fires starting at the side of the highway as the weather was ridiculously hot . Oh , yeah . BIG THANKS to the two amigo's for driving , cause I slept majority of the time at the back seat if not shot gun . HAHAHA . 

Anyway here's a bit of photo's before you're bored to death from my grandmother story . 



If you are with a few good friends or an excellent company , stay at the "La Pause" hotel , it's affordable and their services from their staff's are so good . Warm towels , and a thai drink to welcome us . You must be wondering why the colour of my ice in my drink is violet in colour , or you don't I don't give a damn cause I'm going to tell you anyway . The drink is actually made from one of thailand's famous flower called "Butterfly pea" . And this was shared by the hotel staff when I looked at the tea . It taste pretty good anyway . 

By the time we got to the hotel we were real hungry , I could eat a horse kinda hungry . So the staff told us to walk down the street and to the left from the hotel there will be a restaurant that has really good noodles , sorry guys i do not know what the name of this place is but , everything about this bowl of fish noodles is good . Good . Really . Good . Also the fish is super fresh . 



 

It was really hot , I think we got ourselves two shades darker . Anyway , none of us really care so ..moving on . Meet Ken and Joanne , really , the three of us are the most non religious people . Although whenever and wherever we go during our travels if we ever stop by or visit a temple , we actually pay our respects . Oddly ever , I think we secretly enjoying doing so . It brings a peace of mind for that moment , and I think it has become a ritual . 



Brunch was pork leg rice and every other pork dishes you can think of , if you don't like pork or vegans . Look away . Dinner was at this place in the middle of nowhere .And these were the dishes we had or one of the few , also that omelette , ugh. I can't even begin to describe the texture of that , you can only imagine how hot the oil has to be in order to make is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside . Sorry , salivating . 



 

Seeing as we can't seem to sit still for a second even . We drove to Songkhla , where the Golden mermaid statue was . I m going to skip the beautiful beach stuff and say , that the waves there were the biggest I've seen then , and there were people wind surfing . Pretty fucking cool I will say ! Winds were strong . Hence extremely messy and sandy beach hair afterwards . Oh yeah , I forgot to mention , the sand is SO FINE . SO FINE . That when the strong sea winds blow that sand kinda just attacks your feet , like micro robots attacking the giant that is destroying their city . Anyway it just fucking hurts and we left as soon as we were done taking pictures of whatever we were taking of at the time . 



Thai dim sum , probably the cutest ever . Also bak kut teh , for breakfast . WIN . I think we over ordered . But it was good , and we went the second time , also cause mainly we didnt manage to eat their BKT the first time we went there . Thai dim sum and regular dim sum , is a little different , and I realised thai loves to put salted egg in theirs . 


Anyway highlight of the trip for me is this , I finally got another tattoo . After a year of mumbling . I got another addition . The thing is , so far only my mom knows , and none of other family members know . Not even dad , which I m a bit afraid . But then again , I never really cared . I could just hope that this won't get me skinned alive or worse . Dis-owned by my father . I love you daddy , I promise you , I m not doing anything that is harming or endangering others or the rest of the world . Asking them to go jump off a cliff for being a complete idiot doesn't count . 

PS: I m sorry I didnt proof read this piece of mess , before posting it up . Anyway , enjoy my scatter brain . 

x.
Amy .










0 comment(s):